Eligibility: Student members must be full-time undergraduate or graduates registered for a degree in natural science or engineering or a full-time postdoctoral student in natural science or engineering.
All Student Members will receive the following benefits:
- ECS Digital Library — Membership provides access to the ECS Digital Library, which includes the top publications in solid-state and electrochemical science and technology. As a member, you will receive the following: ECS Member Article Pack – 100 full-text downloads from the ECS Digital Library of Journal of The Electrochemical Society (1930-present), ECS Journal of Solid-State Science and Technology (new), ECS Electrochemistry Letters (new),ECS Solid-State Letters (new), ECS Transactions (2005-present), and Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters (1998-2012); unlimited electronic access to Interface magazine and ECS Meeting Abstracts (2005-present); and a subscription to Interface magazine.
- Technical Interest Areas — ECS offers numerous opportunities to meet with your peers and expand your circle of contacts through our thirteen technical Divisions and two special technical subcommittees.
- Meetings — ECS holds two major international technical meetings in the spring and fall each year to further its objectives; or you can exchange technical ideas through the programs of the eighteen Sections in the USA, Canada, Europe, Korea, Israel, and Japan.
- Honors and Awards — Colleagues can recognize your accomplishments, as well as the achievements of your friends and peers, through the ECS Honors and Awards program. The program includes over two dozen Society, Division, and Section Awards.
- Networking and Student Services — Membership provides access to an elite group of professionals in the fields of electrochemistry and solid-state science through face-to-face interaction at ECS meetings as well as Division and Section activities. Students also benefit through many of the educational and mentoring programs that are available.
- Membership Directory — Only available to members, this directory provides easy reference to colleagues throughout the world.
- Money Savings — Receive exceptional discounts on all ECS products and services, including discounts on the new publication, ECS Transactions.